Thursday, September 07, 2006

Charters Towers: More Pics


So these are just a few more pictures of the area of Charters Towers. A couple of shots of myself in the pool, and some of Marco...I really don't have any individual ones of Katie, but when I do the Townsville entry, there are a couple group photos there. The one at the top left is from the Charters Towers show (which is essentially a fair, but if I said that over here they'd correct me and say 'show') , which was something like the Saanich Fair back home, but a little smaller. That was one of my better posing pics for the sole reason that I was giving a thumbs up sign instead of the gangsta backhanded peace sign... apparently down-under and world-wide this is equivalent to the bird and 'f- off', but I didn't actually realize this until at after posing for at least 15 pictures other people took of me....somewhat explaining the semi-offended look they had afterwards. So now i'm sticking with the safe thumbs-up, it's universal (except for in diving when it means that you need to surface as opposed to 'a-o-k' which i've discovered as well). Woops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home